This information refers to silver based contact material with tungsten as the second main component manufactured by inifitration of molten silver into a porous tungsten preform.
The tungsten content is designated in
weight percent. It can be adjusted between
40 to 8o %
- circuit breakers
- earth leakage breakers
- miniature circuit breakers
- power Line relays
- lowest arc erosion of all contact materials
- low electrical conductivity
- high contact resistance by formation of tungsten oxides as well as silver-tungsten
- poor arc migration properties
- very hard
A higher amount of tungsten leads to a more regulat’ distribution of the components.
|Electrical Conductivity [m/(Ω.mm2)]
|Hardness Soft [HRB]